It’s that time again, for baking and sharing treats with friends, family and loved ones.
Our designers not only know how to design great kitchens, they know how to use them! Our first recipe for the season is a delicious treat for the sweet tooth on your list!
¾ cup butter (softened)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp salt
1 x 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk (1 ¼ cup)
2 tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Skor bits
1. In an electric mixer, beat the ¾ cup butter, brown sugar and egg yolks until creamy and smooth
2. Slowly beat in the flour
3. Place the dough in a greased 13 x 9 shallow cake pan – press the dough evenly across the bottom of the pan.
4. Bake in a 350F oven for 20 min – let cool.
5. In a sauce pan, heat the 2 tbsp butter and condensed milk over medium heat.
6. Once the mixture comes to a boil stir constantly for 5 minutes making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
7. Stir in the vanilla and spread the mixture over the cooled crust
8. Bake in a 350F oven for 10-15 minutes – the top layer will bubble and become golden brown. Make sure that it does not get too brown.
9. Remove and cool for 10 minutes
10. While crust and top layer is still very warm, sprinkle chocolate chips across the caramel.
11. Wait a few minutes and the chocolate chips will melt. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate chips across the baked layers.
12. Sprinkle skor bits across the melted chocolate and let cool before cutting into any desired size squares.
SERVE AND ENJOY!